Monday 2 July 2012

Organising Queen

One of my personal strengths (if I do say so myself) is being extremely organised.

It started as a basic skill - simple to do lists EVERYWHERE.

I wanted to share with you some of my tips on keeping yourself organised, I have utilised a couple of simple but effective systems in my house.

* An awesome Erin Condren life planner. It is set out PERFECTLY for what I need plus its colourful and personable.
* Cleaning Schedule - definitely not set in stone though. Some days I throw it out the window!
* Massive calendar so everyone in the house knows exactly what is going on when.
* Meal planning. We are now trying this on a fortnightly basis. So far so good. :) Its nice not to think about dinner each night - its already decided!
* Routine cards for Miss S. She doesn't refer to them every night but its a good reminder for her when she "forgets".


My number one tip is not to let everything get on top of you!

Every morning I try to have a semi-plan to my day. Whether my plan is to do nothing or to do EVERYTHING - I find the day flows better for me when I have an idea of most things I want to do.

Of course, my systems have flaws and don't always motivate me but they seem to be working pretty well for now!

How do you stay organised?

2 comments:

  1. I so hear you Tara. I like to be organised too and one of the frustrating parts of motherhood for me is not having time or head space to get properly organised. It totally does my head in!
    That said I meal plan religiously and have a flow to my week, when I do certain things.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good thing about being a SAHM is being able to have most of the control in the house!

      Unfortunately - there are many unavoidable things that throw me out of wack! I can only imagine it will get more difficult with 2 kids!

      Delete